Both TH and I are lovers of coconut cookies. But off late I’ve started avoiding bakery goodies as they use lots of margarine or vanaspati and maida. I admit eating butter and sugar is no good but worse is eating these too unhealthy stuff, right? This was my humble attempt towards a splendid cookie. I used whole wheat flour instead of maida and copra instead of desiccated coconut. The recipe gives a chewy type of cookie which is how we like our traditional coconut cookies.
- 1. Whole Wheat Flour - 1 1/2 cups
- 2. Powdered Sugar - 3/4 cup
- 3. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- 4. Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- 5. Salt - a pinch
- 6. Copra grated or desiccated coconut - 1 cup
- 7. Butter - 3/4 cup
- 8. Milk as required
- Mix all dry ingredients and then add melted butter and combine evenly.
- Drizzle milk as required and get it into dough like consistency.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Either roll the dough flat to 1/4" thickness and cut with cookie cutter into desired shapes or simply shape small dough balls into circular shapes. Sprinkle desiccated coconut or copra above the cookies.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Check for doneness by color and aroma.
- Cool the cookies over cake rack and store in an airtight container.
- * The cookie is soft when taken right from the oven. After cooling down they get crisp.
- * Coconut cookies are chewier by nature. More coconut you add, softer they become.
தற்காத்துத் தற்கொண்டாற் பேணித் தகைசான்ற
சொற்காத்துச் சோர்விலாள் பெண்.
Woman is one who tirelessly protects herself & her husband and brings fame.