Project: Summer 30
Drink – Virgin Pina Colada
Virgin pina colada is the non-alcoholic version of pina colada that is a cocktail prepared using rum. This is my first ever experience with pina colada; it did turn out to be a nice one. This is a creamy flavorful drink and what got it the place in this summer drinks list is that, it has extensive use of tender coconut. So this indeed is a chilling summer treat.
Athikaram: 3 – Neethar Perumai
இருமை வகைதெரிந்து ஈண்டுஅறம் பூண்டார்
பெருமை பிறங்கிற்று உலகு.
Praiseworthy are those virtues of people that know the good and bad and follow the good ways.
- 1. Pineapple - 2 slices
- 2. Tender coconut flesh - 1 cup
- 3. Tender coconut water - 1 glass
- 4. Palm sugar candies - 3 to 5
- 5. Water if required for adjusting consistency
- 6. Pineapple, tender coconut flesh and cherry for garnish (optional)
- Chop the pineapple slices into cubes and tender coconut into strips.
- Put them in a mixer jar, add palm sugar candies and tender coconut water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, refrigerate, garnish and serve.
- * Beware not to use mature tender coconut flesh, that will smell like coconut oil. Very tender ones are used in this recipe.
- * Palm candies is not traditionally added to this recipe; add only if the tender coconut water & pineapple are not sweet enough.
- *Add ice cubes while blending if you've no refrigerating time.