Ok, bored with on and off blogging. I am doing a summer project of posting 30 tried at home summer drinks each a day – daily, starting today. That’s about motivation; another hiccup to my blogging consistently is my write-up. I usually try a lot of recipes more frequently and even click them but writing a story is time consuming to me. An interesting idea occurred to me: ‘Thirukkural’ is a timeless revered tamil scripture and I have a thing for it. My idea is why not I speak of each of 1330 kurals(couplets) in every other post of mine. I am going to edit this post later to talk more about thirukkural itself, now the ‘Kural’ of the day – the very first one from arathupaal.
அகர முதல எழுத்தெல்லாம் ஆதி
பகவன் முதற்றே உலகு.
Meaning: Of all the letters ‘A’ stands the first; God is the first in the world. (That’s kind of translation)
Almighty, the supreme power is the very first of all else.
- 1.Lemon - 1 large (+ 2 slices for garnish)
- 2.Salt - 1 tsp
- 3.Sugar - 2 tbsp
- 4.Coriander - few sprigs
- 5.Chilled water - 2 tall glasses full
- Squeeze lemon into a glass and add sugar and salt to it.
- Throw in some coriander sprigs and squeezed lemon skin.
- Muddle with a muddler or a pestle or simply the back of a ladle if the other two are not handy.
- Discard lemon skin and add chilled water.
- Adjust taste, garnish with lemon slices and fresh coriander sprigs. Serve chilled.
- * Usually mint is used in mojito, I just tried a variation and it was very good.
- * Generally I prefer chilled water for making drinks like this to crushed ice or ice cubes.