1. 1 cup maida (all-purpose flour)
2. ½ can condensed milk (I used Nestle Milkmaid)
3. ¼ cup ghee (unsalted butter)
4. 1 tsp vanilla essence or 4 spoons of cocoa powder
5. 2 tblsp baking powder
6. ½ cup milk
7. Edible food colors (optional)
8. Candied cherries (Tutti-frutti optional)
• Sieve flour with baking powder and cocoa powder (In case you want chjocolate flavour)
• Mix condensed milk and butter seperately.
• Roll the flour in the butter mix. Add milk to make the batter thin.
• Mix the cherries and vanilla essence. Put three teaspoonfuls of the coloring on the batter and give it one single swirl with the rolling pin.
• Heat the pressure cooker for 5 mins. Grease and dust the baking dish. Pour the batter in it and place the baking dish in the cooker. Keep the cooker on low flame (sim).
• Insert a toothpick in the cake after half an hour to check if it is done. If the toothpick comes out clean, take out the cake. Cool on a wire rack before serving. The cake should be spongy and spring back on pressing.
* Decorate with icing or nuts or gems as per your imagination and resource availability
* Keep all necessary ingredients handy and then prepare the cake mix immediately; because baking powder would lose its effect after it gets moist
* Let the cake cool a bit before taking it out; hot cake top would stick to the vessel when toppled