As mentioned in my earlier post this thovial (kind of chutney) is a splendid combination with puliogare/ pulisaadam. Though I have tasted it in my college days it is only when my sister tried and acknowledged I tried it few months back. Moreover it couples well with idli/ dosa/ chappati/ adai kinds.
- 1. Vengaya Vadagam - 2 medium sized balls
- 2. Tamarind - half a goosberry sized
- 3. Salt to taste
- 4. Red Chilies - 4 (depends on the heat of chilies)
- 5. Jaggery grated - 1 tsp (optional)
- 6.Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- 7. Urad dal - 1 tbsp
- 8. Curry leaves - 2 to 3 sprigs
- Soak tamarind in some water for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry crushed vadagam in it until crisp. Drain oil and collect in mixer jar.
- In the same oil, roast urad dal, red chilies and curry leaves until crisp. Collect them in mixer jar as well.
- Add the soaked tamarind, jaggery and salt to the jar and grind coarsely. Adjust salt and sprinkle some minimum water required.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
ஆற்றின் ஒழுக்கி அறனிழுக்கா இல்வாழ்க்கை
நோற்பாரின் நோன்மை உடைத்து.
Practicing virtuous life and persuading others in virtuous path has prerogative as the sages’ fasting.