Project: Summer 30
Drink – Thandai
Thandai has a Sindhi origin and relished widely in north India especially during the summer. It is a mandate during Shivarathri and Holi festivals while on the day of Holi it is a common practice for many to mix it with bhaang (An intoxicating herbal drug) and consume.
வேண்டுதல் வேண்டாமை இலானடி சேர்ந்தார்க்கு
யாண்டும் இடும்பை இல.
One who surrenders to Him who is indifferent to likes and dislikes, shall face no misery.
- 1. Almonds - 10
- 2. Melon seeds - 1 tbsp
- 3. Poppy seeds - 1 tbsp
- 4. Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- 5. Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
- 6. Cardamom power - 2 pinches
- 7. Saffron - few strands
- 8. Sugar - 1/2 cup
- 9. Rose water - 1 tbsp
- 10. Milk - 350 ml
- Soak almonds for 2 hours separately and peel off the skin. Soak poppy seeds and melon seeds together in a cup in parallel.
- Now grind together all the ingredients in a cup of water except for milk.
- Filter the ground mixture and discard waste. Dilute with chilled milk.
- Garnish with saffron strands and serve.