The other day I saw lots of round reddish pineapples hoarded on a pulling cart. Usually, we get green or yellowish green oblong fruits here in Chennai, so this one caught my eyes and the lady selling them told me an interesting information (I believe it is a fact): the pineapples we get in supermarkets(those green yellow oblong ones) are from Kerala and that they are not of premium quality while reddish rounder ones she had were from Kolli hills and are sweet and flavorful. I got one home and on the way I started planning what recipes would I try out with this flavorsome fruit. I tried a whole four recipes with one fruit, yes 4! This one’s the first… “Most Refreshing Salad I’ve ever had!” – by TH n me BLUSH! 🙂
- 1. Pineapple - 1/2 of a medium fruit
- 2. Cucumber - 1
- 3. Onion - 1 small
- 4. Coriander chopped - fistful
- 5. Olive oil - 1 tsp
- 6. Salt to taste
- 7. Crushed pepper - 2 pinches (optional)
- 8. Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Clean and chop pineapple and cucumber into equal sized triangles. Refrigerate for sometime if time permits.
- Chope onion into quartered slices so that the shapes are uniform.
- Throw them together into a mixing bowl along with coriander and drizzle lemon juice & olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad well and serve immediately.
- Do not even refrigerate salad after seasoning as it make let out water. Season just before serving for crunchy salad.
மக்கள்மெய் தீண்டல் உடற்கின்பம் மற்றுஅவர்
சொற்கேட்டல் இன்பம் செவிக்கு.
Touch of one’s children is a joy to body while hearing their voice is a joy to ears.