Project: Summer 30
Drink – Gooseberry Juice
Gooseberry that is very high in vitamin C is an excellent anti-oxidant also. Though gooseberries are sort after during monsoon to keep common cold at bay, it is an appropriate vegetable for summer as well due to its cooling properties. Gooseberry juice can be made with salt or sugar or both like lemon, it tastes great anyway.
Athikaram: 3 – Neethar Perumai
சுவைஒளி ஊறுஓசை நாற்றமென ஐந்தின்
வகைதெரிவான் கட்டே உலகு.
One who knows well the five senses of sight, smell, sound, touch and taste has the knowledge of world within him/ her.
- 1. Gooseberries - 3 or 4
- 2. Lemon - 1/2
- 3. Palm sugar candies - 5-10 (Substitute sugar if unavailable)
- 4. Chilled water - 2 glasses
- 5. Salt - a pinch
- Cut the gooseberries into wedges and discard seeds.
- Add gooseberry wedges, palm candies, lemon juice, salt and blend well in a mixer jar with a cup of water.
- Strain the juice in a fine mesh and dilute with chilled water.
- Adjust sugar & lemon and refrigerate until serving or serve immediately.