Project: Summer 30
Drink – Virgin Bloody Mary
Virgin Bloody Mary is the only the mocktail I had had out in a restaurant. It was a funny experience when I ordered it for the first time when I went out with friends, I was expecting something sweet but what arrived on table was a tangy and ketchupy drink; I have developed a taste for it later on. My version of Virgin Bloody Mary here is a lot different from restaurant ones and is very simple & homey with regular ingredients. And the silver lining is, it serves as a good summer drink too which is why this is here in the list. This spiced up tomato juice makes good justice for summer parties.
Athikaram: 3 – Neethar Perumai
அந்தணர் என்போர் அறவோர்மற் றெவ்வுயிர்க்கும்
செந்தண்மை பூண்டொழுக லான்.
Those who shower love on everyone without discrimination are truly gracious and they are called ‘Anthanar’.
- 1. Fully ripe tomatoes - 2 large
- 2. Black pepper - 5-6 corns
- 3. Salt - 2 pinches
- 4. Sugar - 1 tsp
- 5. Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
- 6. Dark Soy sauce - 1/2 tsp
- 7. Red Chili sauce - 1/3 tsp
- 8. Chilled water - 1 cup
- 9. Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- 10. Black or green Olives & lemon for garnish
- 11. Chili powder & salt for garnish (optional)
- Wash and de-seed tomatoes. Chop them roughly.
- Take all the ingredients in a mixer jar, except olives and blend until smooth.
- Rub lemon on rims of the glasses, dip it over salt and chili powder mixture to coat the rims.
- Pour Virgin bloody mary into the glasses and garnish with olives.
- Serve immediately.