The other day I had baked a banana cake. I bake cakes in a pressure cooker on stove and they come out really well. I used less sugar expecting the bananas to be very sweet but the cake was less sweet; however I have given the corrected measure.
1. All purpose flour – 1 cup
2. Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
3. Banana – 5 small or 2 big
4.Butter – 3/4 cup
5. Baking powder – 1 tsp
6. Baking soda – 1 pinch
7. Vanilla essence – 2 drops
Step 1: Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl.
Step 2: Beat softened butter and sugar into a smooth paste and add mashed or pureed banana and vanilla essence to it and mix well.
Step 3: Grease and dust a baking tin and preheat the oven or cooker.
Step 4: Fold the dry ingredients in the wet mixture and mix thoroughly, add few drops of milk if the consistency is too thick.
Step 5: Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 20-30 minutes.
* Coco powder can also be added to banana cake to give added flavor and color.
* Add nuts of your choice or some raisins or tutti fruitti.