Pineapple recipe #3: Kesari/ Sooji Halwa. Ever since my childhood for any occasion be it a birthday or anniversary or a special guest at home or diwali or whatever, We’ve indulged in kesari for breakfast as a dessert. Though the orange colored, elaichi flavored, glossy version is the regular back home, I’ve shared the pineapple kesari here with absolute natural color and flavor.
- 1. Pineapple juice - 2 cups
- 2. Semolina - 1 cup
- 3. Sugar - 1 cup
- 4. Ghee - 2 tbsp
- 5. Cashews - 6
- 6. Raisins - a fistful
- 7. Pineapple chopped - 2 tbsp
- 8. Pineapple chunks and cherry for garnish (optional)
- Roast semolina with a spoon of ghee. add pineapple juice in simmered heat and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Once the semolina is completely cooked add the sugar and mix well. It loosens a bit and thickens again.
- In the meantime using a tadka pan roast cashews and raisins in the ghee and pour over the kesari.
- Turn off heat and mix in pineapple chunks.
- Serve hot garnished with pinapple chunks and cherry.
தந்தை மகற்காற்று நன்றி அவையத்து
முந்தி இருப்பச் செயல்.
The best thing a father can do to his son/ daughter is to seat him high in the forum of wise.