Usually the most tasty foods are the most simple ones. Rasam rice with lady’s finger fry is a heavenly combination in the true sense. Bhindi/ okra is next favorite to potato in many households; ironically the stone like potatoes get cooked in a jiffy while tender okra takes longer to cook, but it is worth the effort. Because we love okra, ain’t we?
- 1. Okra - 250 g
- 2. Oil - 1 tbsp
- 3. Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- 4. Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- 5. Sugar - 1 pinch
- 6. Crushed pepper - 1/2 tsp (or a little more)
- 7. Salt to taste
- Clean, trim and chop the okra into 1/6" thickness.
- Heat oil in a pan, sprinkle asafoetida and add chopped okra. Saute for 10 minutes in medium flame by stirring occasionally.
- Add sugar, lemon juice and stir again. The sticky texture should go off.
- Now sprinkle required salt, pepper powder and toss well. Turn to high heat to achieve roast texture to the vegetable.
- Turn of heat and serve.
அன்புஈனும் ஆர்வம் உடைமை அதுஈனும்
நண்பு என்னும் நாடாச் சிறப்பு.
Love brings desire to the relationship and that renders the greatness of friendship.