Project: Summer 30
Drink – Nannari Sharbat
Nannari is a root that has tremendous cooling properties and a sublime flavor. Nannari belongs mahani root family which is used for preparing a special type of pickle.
இருள்சேர் இருவினையும் சேரா இறைவன்
பொருள்சேர் புகழ்புரிந்தார் மாட்டு.
One who enjoys the true praise of God, shall not face the results of his/ her ignorant good or bad deeds.
- 1. Nannari Root - 60 g
- 2. Jaggery - 750 g
- 3. Lemon Salt - 1/4 tsp
- 4. Water - 1 litre
- 1. Nannari Syrup - 4 tbsp
- 2. Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- 3. Chilled Water - 250ml
- 4. Lemon slice for garnish (Optional)
- Sun dry the nannari roots well and remove the central stems from each. Break into smaller chunks and grind it in a mixer till fine powder is obtained.
- Mix the nannari powder and broken jaggery in a litre of water in a wide pan and bring it to boil. Simmer until it becomes 750ml and turn off heat. Mix lemon salt to it.
- After about 4 hours or even overnight strain the syrup in clean & dry cloth. Store it in dry air tight bottle.
- Take a tall glass and add nannari syrup and lemon juice to it.
- Pour in chilled water and stir to dissolve syrup.
- Garnish with lemon slice and serve the drink.
- * Quantity of jaggery depends on one's taste and sweetness of jaggery.
- * Sugar or other sugar substitute can be used instead of jaggery.