My first ever attempt to cook mushroom for TH. As he doesn’t like the slippery chewy texture of mushroom, I never cooked it in my kitchen. I learnt somewhere that mushrooms are the only vegetarian source that is rich in vitamin D (not to mention that most of us are discovered to be Vitamin D deficient during pregnancy), so after lots of long discussions TH is now ready to try eating mushrooms. And here I go with the mushroom trials in my kitchen…
- 1. Mushroom - 1 Pack
- 2. Hung curds - 1 tbsp (I used thick curds as such)
- 3. Tandoor masala - 1/2 tsp
- 4. Chili Powder - 1/5 tsp
- 5. Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- 6. Salt as required
- 7. Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
- 8. Carom seeds - 1 pinch
- 9. Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- 10. Butter - 1/2 tbsp
- Clean and prepare mushrooms by cutting them into even bite sized ones.
- Take the hung curds and all other ingredients and mix well.
- Coat the marinade to mushrooms and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Pile them onto wooden skewers and roast them all sides on a heated tawa drizzling some butter over. Alternatively, grill them in oven.
Adikaram: வாழ்க்கைத் துணைநலம்.
பெற்றாற் பெறின்பெறுவர் பெண்டிர் பெருஞ்சிறப்புப்
புத்தேளிர் வாழும் உலகு.
Woman that serves as a virtuous wife shall live as the Gods in heaven do.