Project: Summer 30
Drink – Masala Mor
I remember my grandma quoting a saying very often, ‘Neer suruki, mor peruki, nei urukki saapida…’ (Meaning: water boiled, buttermilk diluted, ghee melted is how they should be consumed). Buttermilk is a daily mandate at our households; be it summer or winter, in a tropical climate like ours it is very important to keep us hydrated always. The best thing about buttermilk is that it has more water and salt as well that body requires to replenish completely after dehydration because we lose them both especially in summers. Masala mor is just spiced buttermilk to make it more delightful.
Athikaram: 3 – Neethar Perumai
துறந்தார் பெருமை துணைக்கூறின் வையத்து
இறந்தாரை எண்ணிக்கொண் டற்று.
Measuring the eminence of those who renounced their desires is like counting the people that died on earth.
- 1. Curds - 1 1/2 cups
- 2. Green chili - 1
- 3. Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- 4. Coriander leaves - 2 springs
- 5. Garlic cloves - 2
- 6. Ginger - 1" piece
- 7. Cumin seeds - 1/5 tsp
- 8. Rock salt - 1 tsp
- 9. Asafoetida - 1 generous pinch
- 10. Chilled water - 1 litre
- 11. Lemon - 1/2 (optional)
- 12. Coriander leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a mixer jar take curds and other ingredients except water and blend well.
- Strain the mixture into a jug and dilute it with chilled water. Squeeze lemon if necessary. Check and adjust salt and spices.
- Refrigerate until serving.