Project: Summer 30
Drink: Mango Lassi
Though lassi is famous in northern parts of India, it has now become a widely relish summer delight. I prefer fruit lassi to plain lassi as the amount of sugar we might add would considerably decrease. When making mango lassi it is crucial to choose sweet tasting fruits that are not rendering sour taste.
கோளில் பொறியின் குணமிலவே எண்குணத்தான்
தாளை வணங்காத் தலை.
It is like one having senses without sensation if he/ she doesn’t worship Him who has eight characters.
- 1. Ripe mango - 1 big
- 2. Sugar - 4 tbsp ( depends on taste of mango)
- 3. Fresh thick curds - 3 cups (the curds should not be sour)
- 4. Rose water - 5 ml
- 5. Water - 1 cup (optional)
- Peel the mango and cube it.
- Add mango cubes, sugar, curds, rose water into a mixer jar and whip nicely until the lassi is smooth in consistency.
- Check taste and consistency, add some water and whip again if it is too thick.
- Chill it in the refrigerator until serving.
- * Imam pasand mango is the sweetest variety I've eaten; however, alphonso has dense and sharp flavor.