I see lot of people that do not like cabbage or detest its flavor. Somehow I have started liking cabbage especially in Chinese items and this very dish that I am talking about here is my all time favorite. It is satvic in the complete sense and very fresh and delectable. Moreover, this Kos (cabbage in tamil) Porial (a dry curry usually blanched and seasoned) is simple, kid friendly and goes with sambar/ rasam rice.
- 1. Cabbage - 1/2 Medium sized
- 2. Green Chili - 1 or 2
- 3. Salt to taste
- 4. Oil - 1/3 tbsp
- 5. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- 6. Urad dal -1/2 tsp
- 7. Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- 8. Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- 9. Freshly Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Chop the cabbage coarsely. Cut the chilies as per its heat, slit if too hot or chop them fine.
- Boil water in a pan and add salt and cabbage to it; cook until tender. Strain the excess water (Use this as stock elsewhere or consume as soup).
- Heat oil in a tadka pan, splutter mustard seeds, roast urad dal in it until golden, fry chilies & curry leaves in it and sprinkle asafoetida.
- Add the blanched cabbage to the tadka and mix well. Turn off heat.
- Mix the grated coconut and serve warm with hot rice, dal and ghee.
வையத்துள் வாழ்வாங்கு வாழ்பவன் வான்உநற்யும்
தெய்வத்துள் வைக்கப் படும்.
One who lives his worldly life quite virtuously is as good as a Gods that live in heaven.