Spiced up puffed rice has always been the best loved South Indian chaat. We were denied of this during the childhood due to hygiene reasons but now as adults we override this Mr.Clean factor to get a kick out of it now and then when we spot them. There are different styles of kaara pori and this one is my home version, quick and healthy.
- 1. Puffed Rice - 3 cups
- 2. Onion - 1
- 3. Tomato - 1
- 4. Carrot -1
- 5. Green Chili - 1
- 6. Coriander - few sprigs
- 7. Salt to taste
- 8. Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp (depending on the heat)
- 9. Roasted groundnuts - a fistful
- 10. Madras mixture - a fistful (I used fried moong dal)
- 11. Olive oil- 1/2 tbsp
- 12. Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- In a thick kadai roast puffed rice in low flame to make it very crisp.
- Peel and grate carrot and chop other vegetables fine.
- To the chopped veggies add all dry ingredients and oil and mix well fast. Finally drizzle lemon juice and give a quick stir.
- once wet ingredients are in the puffed rice will get soggy soon so serve immediately.
- *I slit green chili into four and then chop finely to avoid getting surprise bites of hot chilies. Adjust chili and chili powder depending on heat and your taste.
தம்பொருள் என்பதம் மக்கள் அவர்பொருள்
தம்தம் வினையான் வரும்.
They call children as one’s wealth because wealth accumulates as per the deeds of his/ her children.