In the world of mango lovers, probably the only one reason we don’t mind bearing the scorching heat in summer is because we can relish The Mangoes then; however the season is almost going to end this year. Seldom do I get a chance to attempt any recipe trials with ripe mangoes as they don’t remain after getting ripe. This time it was whole wheat mango muffins piped with mango cream using a milk cover and no nozzle.
- 1. Whole wheat flour - 1 1/2 cups
- 2. Powdered demerara sugar - 1/2 cup (add 3/4 cup if mango is not very sweet)
- 3. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- 4. Baking soda - 1 pinch
- 5. Butter - 1/3 cup
- 6. Mango puree - 3/4 cup
- 7. Vanilla extract - 3-5 drops
- 8. Finely chopped mango - 2 tbsp (optional)
- 1. Whipping cream - 1/2 cup
- 2. Mango Puree - 3 tbsp
- 3. Castor sugar - 1 tbsp (if mango puree isn't sweet enough)
- 4. Cherries - 8 (optional)
- 5. Finely chopped mango - 2 tbsp (optional)
- Take all dry ingredients for muffin into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add Melted butter, mango puree, vanilla extract and beat until well blended. Add few drops of milk if the necessary to get pouring consistency of a cake batter (Some variety of mangoes give thick puree while other are watery).
- Fold in the mango chunks into batter if using them.
- Half fill in greased muffin moulds and bake at 200 degrees C in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of muffin moulds. Check with a inserted toothpick.
- Unmould muffins once the temperature comes down a bit. Cool them in cake racks until they come to room temperature. If we pipe on hot muffin, beware the cream is going to melt and mess up the whole lot.
- Now take the chilled whipping cream and beat until single peak consistency. Gently fold in mango puree (and sugar if using). Fill this mango cream in a piping bag and fit a nozzle of your choice. I simple used a milk cover and cut the tip with scissors.
- Pipe over the muffins and garnish with cherries and mango chunks.
- Remember you cannot reheat muffins after garnish as the cream would melt; and refrigeration will cause the hardness of muffin. So preferably pipe the cream just before serving, on the other hand prepared mango cream can be refrigerated until use.
மனைமாட்சி இல்லாள்கண் இல்லாயின் வாழ்க்கை
எனைமாட்சித் தாயினும் இல்.
How much ever splendid one’s life is, it is vain if his wife has not the good virtues.