I should admit this is a sinful dessert, but an irresistible one. I had tried this out for a friends-couple that we invited for lunch and they apparently loved it. I always thought mousse without eggs is not going to be as good and I was wrong, this one was pretty close. One thing I can tell out of my experience is quality of the ingredients matter as much as the proportions; the cream has to whip up really good and how can the chocolate dessert be heavenly if the cooking chocolate used tastes like mud?! So atleast half the credits or blames go to the ingredients here.
- 1. Whipping Cream - 1 1/2 cups
- 2. Grated cooking dark chocolate - 2 cups (I used Morde)
- 3. Butter - 1 tbsp
- 4. Instant Coffee Powder - 1 tsp
- 5. Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
- 6. Chocolate vermicelli/ shavings and sugar candies
- Melt the grated chocolate and butter in the double boiler method. Set aside for it to cool completely.
- Mix instant coffee powder to a tablespoon of warm water and keep aside.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks consistency using a electric beater or a hand beater.
- Add vanilla extract and coffee mixed in water to the chocolate and mix well.
- Now little by little gently fold in the cream to melted chocolate.
- Pour into setting bowls, wrap with cling covers and set in refrigerator for overnight or 6 hours minimum.
- Before serving, sprinkle the sugar candies and chocolate vermicelli.
பெண்ணின் பெருந்தக்க யாவுள கற்பென்னும்
திண்மைஉண் டாகப் பெறின்.
Nothing is better than getting a wife who has the strength of chastity.