Coconut barfi is one of my few favourite sweets but I had not learnt preparing it. I tried this recipe from internet and it did come out well; it is in fact a simpler recipe of coconut barfi. Some people like it flaky while some like it fudgy; some like it very sweet that it melts in mouth while some like it chewy; this worked well from both of our preferences.
1. Grated coconut – 3 cups
2. Condense milk – 1 can
3. Sugar – 1/2 cup
4. Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
5. Ghee – 2 tbsp
6. Chopped almonds – 2 tbsp
Step 1: Mix grated coconut, condensed milk, sugar in a pan and keep on low heat
Step 2: When thickens add ghee and roll for few min
Step 3: Switch off and add cardamom powder and mix well.
Step 4: Pour on a greased plate and let it cool a bit
Step 5: Sprinkle almonds and cut into squares when warm and take out only when completely cool.
Lemme start it sweet. 1 2 3 4… yeah, the sweet’s name is 1234 Cake. This is one of the easiest sweets one can prepare as a learner and I learnt this recipe from my sister, Viju. The name of the sweet explains the portions of ingredients that go in it.
1. Ghee – 1 Cup
2. Coconut – 2 Cups
3. Sugar – 3 Cups
4. Milk – 4 Cups
• Take all the four ingredients in a deep pan and mix well
• Place it on the stove and close with a lid to avoid spluttering out
• Occasionally take off the lid and stir until the consistency is thick. This will take quite some time say, an hour
• Then take out the lid and stir continuously until the ghee seeps out and the sweet leaves pan
• Take a tray and grease with ghee and pour over the sweet
• Garnish with nuts/ saffron/ rake as required
• Cut into squares/ diamonds once it cools a bit.
* There is no particular order for adding the ingredients. Mix them all at once.
* Keep lid closed until sweet solidifies; else it will splutter on hands and around pan
* Be patient; the moisture in the mixture should completely evaporate to get required consistency
* Cut after few minutes of pouring in the tray when warm, but separate the pieces from tray after it cools down completely