Project: Summer 30
Drink: Banta or Masala Soda
Banta or Goti Soda is the North Indian counterpart of Goli Soda in South India. This is a lemon flavored sweet soda available in marble sealed blue-green thick bottle. The vendor usually tops it with pinch of chaat masala while serving. I have come up with a homemade version of banta. It aids digestion after a heavy greasy meal.
Disclaimer: Aerated drinks are not quite good for health and should strictly be avoided by kids and pregnant women.
பிறவிப் பெருங்கடல் நீந்துவர் நீந்தார்
இறைவன் அடிசேரா தார்.
If one doesn’t surrender to His feet, he/she cannot swim across the ocean of births.
- 1. Plain Soda - 250 ml
- 2. Lemon - 1/2
- 3. Black Salt - 1/4 tsp
- 4. Chaat masala - a big pinch
- 5. Glucose - 1 tbsp
- Take a big glass and add black salt, chaat masala, glucose and squeeze lemon into it.
- Pour chilled soda into the glass. Adjust taste if necessary.
- Garnish with a wedge of lemon and serve immediately
- * Replace powdered sugar for glucose if it is not available
- * Some people like it without sweet in which case you can avoid sugar and add a bit of salt; most restaurants serve this as salted lemon soda.