This is one simple curry that TH is fond of and I keep repeating it very often. The small twist that I give for avaraikai porial alone is what I learnt from my mom and it really adds great flavor to the dish. This curry pretty much goes well with any rice dish.
- 1. Broad beans - 250 g
- 2. Pepper - 1 tsp
- 3. Urad dal - 2 tsp
- 4. Oil - 1/2 tbsp
- 5. Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
- 6. Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- 7. Asafoetida - 1 pinch
- 8. Urad dal - 1 tsp
- 9. Dry red chili - 1 (optional)
- 10. Coconut grated - 2 tbsp (optional)
- 11. Salt as per taste
- Wash the broad beans, remove fiber from sides and chop them fine.
- Toss salt and steam the chopped beans for few minutes until cooked. (Young beans cook faster; cooking time depends on the variety also).
- Dry roast pepper and urad dal and crush them in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard seeds, roast urad dal in it, add chili if using, add the curry leaves and then sprinkle crushed pepper & urad dal mix along with asafoetida. Fry for few seconds until roast and flavorsome.
- Add cooked broad beans and toss well. Turn off stove.
- Toss in grated coconut if preferred or serve as is.
என்பி லதனை வெயில்போலக் காயுமே
அன்பி லதனை அறம்.
Like the worm suffers from scorching sun will the soul suffer without love.